Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Witty/Creative title here

Well, I managed to get exercise 1 submitted on time, and I feel pretty confident about my answers. It was definitely more challenging than I had anticipated. I don't know about the rest of you (perhaps I'm just flying on mu-opioids), but I actually found it kind of interesting to apply some of the things we've been learning in class. However, in the interest of remaining neutral, I'll add my first gripe: As a student in the night class, I wish we had learned about Vacuous Truth, etc. earlier, because those concepts were very useful for completing the exercise. I do realize that it is hard to co-ordinate exercises well with this type of lecture schedule though.

The first question from exercise 1 was the most interesting to me because it dealt with Python directly. It piqued my interest about what sorts of other programming-related things we can do using the concepts we will learn in this course. I'd really like it if we could discuss applications in lecture!

1 comment:

  1. You're right: synchronizing course work with lecture topics is extra challenging when a section is just once a week. I don't see an easy fix.

    I'll try to think of more examples linking code and logic.

    ReplyDelete